A. Molly Restoration & Remediation, a division of Advanced Disaster Recovery, Inc., is a leading restoration contractor in the NY/NJ area with more than 35 years of experience in disaster restoration, is looking for motivated, service-centric full-time employees to help grow its team of professionals in the region. We provide restoration services – such as emergency response, emergency pre-planning, construction services, catastrophe response, contents restoration, environmental services, mold remediation, fire and smoke damage, and water damage services – to commercial, insurance and residential clients. We provide services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The Mitigation Field Supervisor, water or fire loss, works at multiple jobsites overseeing teams of field technicians and all supplies/equipment needed for the delivery of mitigation field services. The Mitigation Field Supervisor assists the owner/insured through the process while directing the EMS crew. This is to prevent any further damage to the home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all technicians' work activities and ensures completion of projects are done efficiently observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment and following all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
- Communicates details of all assignments to team, such as detailed drawings, moisture mapping, temperature readings, dehumidifier readings, customer concerns and requests, along with all other tasks considered customary and standard for a Mitigation Field Technician.
- Handles escalated concerns from customers, adjusters, tenants, or employees when they require or request assistance. Escalates situations to Project Manager when customer concerns or demands cannot be addressed.
- Oversees removal of affected building materials from job site (carpets, carpet pads, drywall, insulation, framing, flooring, and tile)
- Ensures the applied structural drying per the IICRC standards and moisture mapping and documentation for water damage claims and proper cleaning and decontamination of equipment is completed by field teams after each use.
- Ensures that every single customer is contacted to confirm appointment and arrival window prior to dispatching to job site.
- Manages team “readiness” by making sure that all trucks are always fully stocked, equipped, and prepared for all various job type scenarios. Confirms supplies and equipment are stewarded properly to maximize profits and minimize costs.
- Notifies Project Manager of any issues with supplies, drying equipment, tools and/or the company vehicles. Suggests equipment maintenance, repairs, and/or replacement events to Project Manager.
- Works closely with Reconstruction Department when needed to assist in furthering projects on to completion.
- Performs ad-hoc site visits to sample audit the work performance of the team and provide hands-on on-site guidance and training.
- Responsible for vehicle checklist / safety videos weekly
- Additional other duties as required.
- Proven ability to lead others by quickly delivering a high turnover of projects while meeting quality standards.
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of mitigation and dry out requirements/processes and the ability to teach / train those principles to others.
- Supervisory experience in mitigation, restoration and/or reconstruction industries.
- Leader by example, be early, in uniform, polite, organized, neat and clean. Continue to learn and share your knowledge. Set the example for leadership and professionalism in both appearance and conduct for the Field Team. A top performer who can instill pride of workmanship.
- Proficient with technology such as iPad, iPhone, DASH, Cam and Xactimate estimating software is a plus.
- Physically able to work in PPE including respiratory protection.
- Ability to work in high places and in tight spaces, as well as fire, smoke and/or water damage environments that have potential for mold & mildew.
- Current WRT, ASD, EPA Lead Renovator, AHERA Certification.
- Extensive knowledge of ANSI/IICRC Standards for Professional Water Damage Restoration.
- Being customer and team oriented with the ability to adapt / respond to different types of characters.
- Strong sense of urgency and hard-working team player who can easily adapt to changing needs.
- Strong desire to learn and excel; willingness to apply knowledge to continuously improve business operations and customer service delivery.
- High School Diploma or GED or Vocational School
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license reliable transportation to Fairfield NJ.
- Availability for afterhours / weekends when required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be reliable, dependable, comply by the rules in Company Handbook and adhere to background check.
The physical requirements involve body movements including walking, turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists and fingers. Will stand most of the shift and can help with the unloading and loading of products from trucks and warehouse shelves. The senses of being able to see and hear and have full Power of speech are necessary. Lifting cases that can weigh up to fifty pounds is required.